And he saith unto them,
But whom say ye that I am?
And Peter answereth and saith unto him,
Thou art the Christ.
Jesus is the Christ, but He is not the Christ who the disciples expected. The disciples were dumbfounded by Jesus: They wanted a hero, but they got a savior.
Click below for today’s message:
- PDF: we-want-a-hero-but-we-need-a-savior-mark-8-29-2016-december-2-word
- Word document: we-want-a-hero-but-we-need-a-savior-mark-8-29-2016-december-2-word
You Are Invited to Our Weekly Call
- Date & Time: Our next call is on Friday, December 2, from 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. (On December 2 we moved our calls to Friday nights at 7:00 p.m.)
- Phone Number: Please call (712) 770-8086 and use access code 735-765.
What Can I Expect?
Your hosts are Terrance King and Rob Martorana, and we have one hour of preaching, prayer, and live discussion. We welcome participation and we pause for questions and comments.
The call lasts one hour, and the last 15 minutes are reserved for questions, testimonies, and prayer requests. The call is recorded and is available for replay by 8:00 pm.
- This podcast has a recording of our call on December 2: “We Want a Hero But We Need a Savior.”
- This podcast has a recording of our call on November 27: “Shut Thy Door: Matthew 6:6.
We hope you can make it, and we look forward to speaking with you soon.
Rob and Terrance
There is neither Jew nor Greek,
There is neither bond [slave] nor free,
There is neither male nor female:
For ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Galatians 3:28, KJV
Ya no hay judío ni griego;
No hay esclavo ni libre;
No hay varón ni mujer;
Porque todos vosotros
Sois uno en Cristo Jesús.
Gálatas 3:28, RV 1960